Friday, January 18, 2013

Oh, Granny

Granny had a headache today while babysitting the kiddos. Around 3PM she told me she was planning to raid my medicine cabinet to make the pain go away, and at 4:30 I found her waiting for me when I pulled into the drive.

ME: Hi, Granny! Your head still hurting?

GRANNY: I don't know how many acetaminophen you usually take, but I took two and they're kicking my butt.

ME: What?

GRANNY: I'm so tired! I feel like I can barely keep my eyes open!

ME: ...Mom, what color were the pills you took?

GRANNY: Blue...

ME: Jesus... You took Tylenol PM.

GRANNY: No wonder I'm so tired!

ME: Start wearing your damn glasses, woman! That's how people accidentally die!

Our Granny: wears her glasses when reading a text message - doesn't bother to put them on to read pill bottles!

*****

Congratulations to the winners of the Emily's BowTique Giveaway:  commenters # 1(Redd), 3(Dana Hankins), 5(Whit), and 6(Louboutin Shoes)!

All giveaways on HHDD are chosen at random via Random.org. Please email me at jennifer.palis@gmail.com to claim your prize!

And don't forget, local shoppers, Emily's BowTique will be at the Fashion Fair tomorrow at the Garden City American Legion! The event starts at 10AM!

3 comments:

  1. whoops! I won't be doing that ever again. After a short nap & dinner I'm ready to call it a night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.. it happens. Some times the texts are more important! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a vision of myself in 30 years. It is called "your Granny." I think I love her.

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!