At work, we go through a million different trainings annually and "Slips, Trips, and Falls" is one of my least favorites. (Training committee, if you're reading this - may I suggest you check out the Tosh.O blog for some videos to include in the next session? Totally worth it!)
I've had this training about a million times at this point so one would think that I'd have my procedures down pat, right? Wrong...
- I ask Marlee & Mia to get dressed.
- I repeat myself 3 times and say "I'm not going to ask you again. Get. Dressed. Now."
- Marlee says "You ownyee assed us to get dwessed two times."
- Argue with her stating that I should only have to ask once.
- Realize arguing with a 4 year old is pointless.
- Go to change Miles's diaper in the bedroom.
- Look up to see Mar with no pants on and shirt halfway on, arms flailing like she's drowning.
- Start to laugh at Marlee.
- Try to stop laughing when Marlee walks into the doorframe and trips over a tennis shoe.
- Feel completely inappropriate when Marlee begins screaming hysterically.
- Attempt to comfort Marlee while she wails "I want mah dadddeeeeee!" over and over.
- Shush Miles when he begins chanting "I bebe! I bebe! I bebe!"
- Notice the ginormous bruise that's already formed on Marlee's knee.
- Tell her she looked silly with that shirt on her head hoping to distract her.
- "I want mah dadddeeeeee!"
- "No Boo Boo! I beeeeebeeeee!"
- First aid.
|Frozen burritos = ice pack. They're totally used to my resourcefulness at this point.|
I'm also certified in First Aid and CPR. Obviously, I've nailed that course...