Monday, January 27, 2014

A Relaxing Little Soak

When we moved in to this house and I saw the giant garden tub in the master bath, I had all of these grand visions of relaxation. 

"I'm going to be using that baby every friggin' night... Light some candles... Do a mud mask... Watch The Real Housewives without any interruptions..." - what I told myself in the beginning before we moved into the house.

Do I use that tub now that we've been here for half a year? Ha ha ha...

The kids use it more than we do (tip: a giant tub is a real hit during sleep overs), and partially because we're too impatient to wait for it to fill up. Mostly though, it's because it's an unwritten rule that parents are never, ever allowed to relax in the bath.

Unless, of course, by 'relax' we're actually talking about sitting in a tub of water while entertaining 3 unruly children. In that case, yes, by all means - relax it up!

"Eh... I'll just get in the regular shower and curl up in a fetal position in the bottom..."

We've been trying to get Mia to take more responsibility in taking care of herself, and part of her new routine is to take her shower or bath each night between 7 and 7:30. It doesn't matter what time she gets in, just as long as she's ready for bed by 8PM. It might seem like no big deal, but we're really proud of her for stepping up and she's excited that we're so proud of her.

Tonight when it was time for her to get cleaned up, she asked if she could use the bath salts and soak in the tub for a while. I asked her if she'd rather do it tonight and only stay in for a bit or soak on Thursday for as long as she wants because there's no school on Friday. Excited to make the choice herself, Mia decided that she'd rather soak on Thursday night.

Smart girl, right? 

After gathering her pajamas, her towel, the special conditioner for that wild lioness mane of hair, Sis got in the shower downstairs. All was well until Chris and I heard a bloodcurdling shriek coming from the bathroom:

"Marleeeeeeeeeee! I'm! Trying! To! Relax!"

Welcome to my world, child. The screams will get you nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!