Guys, please keep your fingers crossed that I don't spend the weekend barfing...
In the last week, all three kids have been sick. Throwing up, running fevers, bathroom issues that are too disgusting to talk about. It's just plain nasty!
I've had quite a few epiphanies during this time of tribulation though:
- Peanut butter & jelly sandwich puke smells exactly like a peanut butter sandwich does while it's still on the plate. If you're going to feed a sick kid, I wholeheartedly recommend PB&J. *Not recommended for children allergic to peanuts. Duh.
- The Dollar General in GC doesn't sell anything for nausea besides Pepto. Why? I have no idea, but Pepto doesn't work for my sick kids once they start throwing up. The only medicine that calms the upset tummies at our house is Emetrol and the Dollar General NEEDS to sell it!
- Telling your child to throw up in the toilet only works once they are above the age of 3. You'd think I'd understand this now that I have two children past that age, but no! Maybe the new house should only have hard plastic surfaces?
- The unknown great person who first suggested giving a sick child a kitchen pot to throw up in when they feel like they can't make it to the bathroom: we're fighting now. After the first clean out, it hit me that the odds were really high that I'd be browning hamburger in the same pot next week. Sure, I'll clean it first, but that's disgusting!
- After three kids, I have developed senses that are practically immune to poop. I don't think I'll ever be able to clean up barf without gagging though.
In short, we've went through a TON of bleach, carpet cleaner, and hand sanitizer this week!
The sanitizer we've been using for the better part of a month is a product called The Germinator by BabyGanics and friends, it is hands down the best sanitizer I've ever owned!
I was contacted by a representative a few weeks ago about doing a review for them and they encouraged me to write honestly about their product. Write honestly really piqued my interest and so I decided to check it out on Amazon before agreeing to do the review.
This is the product description as listed on Amazon:
"Launched in 2002, BabyGanics is the brainchild of two young dads, compulsive clean freaks actually, who were shocked at the level of toxicity in “traditional” household cleaning products and were equally unimpressed with so-called “green” cleaners.Their mission: Establish the standard and authority for safe, effective, and natural household cleaning solutions for homes with pregnant women, infants and the growing families.Today, BabyGanics offers a full assortment of products that are people and pet friendly. Hands are car pools for germs, and little hands are not picky about who they attack! Enter The Germinator: suddenly hands are safe to hold, kiss and to high-five another lovely day."
The last two sentences had me doing that attractive snorty laugh that you all have come to love and I forwarded my shipping address.
The bottle itself is no bigger than any other travel item, and in the month that I've had it, there have been zero spills in my giant mess of a purse. My experience with most hand sanitizers - especially those that foam - has been that they leave your hands feeling sticky. Sticky is gross, guys. Sticky makes me go to the restroom and wash my freshly sanitized hands with soap and water.
Also, The Germinator soaks in to your skin like water. It's not thick, it's not runny, it's exactly like water - but with the cleaning agent already in the water! And the smell? Non existent. This stuff is like some magic potion that doesn't have a smell other than cleanliness. No chemicals, no perfumes, just clean and yet it removes smells from your skin too like an odor neutralizer.
We tested it out after a fiasco in the Dairy Queen drive through, after using the dreaded Walmart bathrooms, after smoking (stop judging me, non-smokers), and yes, after cleaning up little kid throw up!
In short, I love Bath & Body Works, but I will never buy their hand sanitizer again after using The Germinator. My bottle's almost empty and I'll be ordering the two pack (one for work, one for home) shortly.
PS: Want to add a little something extra to your Germinator experience? Call it "Tha Germinataaaah" and say it in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice because that's what I've been doing. You're welcome for that mental picture!
|Cute isn't she? Just like the girls from The Price Is Right. Her Great Papa would be proud!|
PSS: I'd intended to get the review finished last night. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you already know that Miles threw up on the laptop yesterday. It's broken and hopefully we'll have a new one by Saturday because my thoughtful husband talked me into an accidental damage plan when we bought the puke-puter. That Chris, he's good for something sometimes (like when it comes to electronics and getting dead birds out of the ditch. That's kind of it...)