I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately regarding my adult life.
- I'm turning 30 this year and I'm pretty much fine with it. I feel like I look my age and act somewhere between 20 and 40 depending on my company and whether or not I've eaten in the last hour. Hungry = grumpy, etc, etc, etc.
- I've lived in the same neighborhood of my hometown for the last 20 years.When I moved out of my parents' house, I only looked at one house and bought it because it was a block away from Dad & Mom's. I've lived here for 9 years and we're moving next month to a house across town. The notion of giving directions to my house without saying "Do you know where the ball diamond is?" just seems foreign at this point, but it's going to happen!
- I've only had two 'real' jobs in my adult life. Once at a car dealership right after high school and the one I have now - and the job I have now? It's actually the same job I had when I was still in high school. The only difference is that I get paid more now, and I'm only allowed to wear jeans on Fridays now. Hey, you win some, you lose some!
- Marriage? Nah, never was a big priority when I was younger. The only reason I ever entertained the thought of a husband back then was because a man would protect me if we ever had a burglar. Now, married - and very happily so - but protect? Chris sleeps like he's been gassed before an operation. It's a good thing we don't have much that anyone would want to steal...
- I never, ever wanted children when I was growing up and then... BAM! Mom of 3! When Miles was born, we talked about maybe trying for a fourth baby once he started school. He's two now and I know that realistically, we won't have any more children if we can prevent it. I've accepted it, but it's been hard.
What does all of this mean?
- I have both wrinkles and pimples, and I'm easily distracted!
- My sense of adventure is non-existent!
- Ditto for ambition!
- It's a good thing I'm a light sleeper because someone has to save us all!
- Someone really needs to let me hold their baby soon!
(That was semi-deep, wasn't it? Not really. I just thought it was a little better than my original idea of telling you that every Wednesday night, I watch The Rachel Zoe Project and then Duck Dynasty after that. I'm probably the least complex person you've ever met, or not met.)