Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

Few things in life rival the feeling of contentment a mama gets when she wakes up to a clean house and obedient children. That double whammy is so rare in our house, I felt the need to shout it from the mountaintops today. "Can I have your attention please! There are no dishes to be done here and my kids aren't plotting each other's demise! We're living the dream today at the Palis house!"

Eating Mama's breakfast with two spoons. Who needs
Lucky Charms when you can have oatmeal like an old man?
Mornings like this make me realize just how much I have to be thankful about. My life is chaotic and imperfect, but in the most rewarding ways. 

Have a great weekend, friends!

(Oh, and I realize the slight irony in titling this post Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting and then writing about a harmonious morning. To be honest, I knew there was a pretty successful album titled 'Early Morning something something', and that sounded pretty good. Well, then once I got to Googling it, I remembered it was Kid Rock's Early Morning STONED PIMP and I didn't feel like that was quite the vibe I was going for. We'll stick with Sir Elton. Surely someone around here will get punched or kicked before bedtime.)

1 comment:

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!