Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dedicated To The One I Love

I woke up early this morning with the baby and let Daddy sleep in. Miles hasn't been sleeping well lately and when Miles doesn't sleep, Daddy doesn't sleep - he needed the rest today, so he got it. I'm a real giver when I want to be.

After I got my little guy back to sleep, I got to thinking about just how lucky I am that Chris usually gets up with Miles so I don't have to. In fact, and there's quite a bit that he does so that I don't have to. I'm a very lucky wife and trust me, I realize it and I love him for it.

This is Chris, my hubs. He's funny, smart, kind, generous, and sexy in a "What kind of computer are you in the market for, ma'am?" way. He's also a good sport when I make him do silly things for my own amusement...


The one I love: loves me despite my flaws. I'll be the first to admit, I'm a pain in the ass. I throw hissy fits. I spend too much money. I leave 4 pairs of shoes next to the front door, and complain when anyone else leaves a single pair out. I have no idea how to work the electronics in our house. I use all of the hot water every time I take a shower. My hubs? He suffers through my antics day in and day out. Without medication. He's close to a saint.


The one I love: is an amazing dad. Isn't it funny that as a wife, you sometimes incessantly gripe "I feel like I'm raising a 30 year old child sometimes! Grow up!", but the fact that your husband acts like a big kid is one of the things that makes him such a great father? He's somehow unlocked the secret to being the fun one and the disciplinarian. Bonus: the things that I don't enjoy (watching cartoons, playing sports, carnival rides, staying in your pajamas all day) are the things that he's always eager to do with the kids.


The one I love: helps around the house without being asked . Not just the typical man chores like mowing the lawn and taking out the trash, but actually cleans. Laundry! Dishes! Floors! Windows! Dusting! Of course his motive for this is two-fold:
  1. I prefer to get the whole house picked up, and then do the deep cleaning room by room - when I have time (when I say time, I really mean motivation). Also, I hate the following chores: laundry, dishes, floors, windows, dusting so they're not super high on the list of priorities. Chris is a fan of the deep clean method: top to bottom, one room at a time until it's done. It's pretty common that I'll pick up, and he'll deep clean on his days off because my cleaning drives him crazy.
  2. If he does something really spectacular...like shampoo the carpets? Good chance I'll let him touch my boob. Both boobs if he's done a really good job.

The one I love: balances me out. Where I prioritize and am high strung, he's a laid back procrastinator. If we lived in a 'pants optional' world, I'm pretty sure I'd have a lot more space in the dresser because he wouldn't own a single pair of pants. While I feel like I'm the responsible one, the truth is that Chris is the one who keeps things running smoothly. And you know what? He does it with a smile and very little complaining.

 


3 comments:

  1. I agree...he is a keeper! I laughed, I cried....but most of all I'm beaming knowing how much love you have for him. ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. as usual, i love ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. And from the sounds of it Jen, you are an amazing wife. :)

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!